The Next Generation featuring a host of engineering innovations. The 4.5L series establishes new standards for power-to-weight ratio, driver experience, acceleration, durability, and ease of maintenance. A new V6 engine that delivers V8 performance in a compact lightweight package.
Built for Marine
Designing a V-6 block solely for marine use allows Mercury to build the 4.5L with the ultimate protection system, using cast-iron componentry where the engine intersects with seawater, and using corrosion-resistant aluminum and composites everywhere else.
The MercFusion Paint System creates an outer seal against the elements, while MerCathode® provides automatic protection against galvanic corrosion. For maximum defense against saltwater effects, the SeaCore® industrial hardcoat anodizing system and closed-cooling circuit is available with the Bravo® drive.
The 4.5L comes standard with Adaptive Speed Control, which automatically maintains engine rpm regardless of load or water conditions. The result is increased throttle response and a sporty feel.
Thanks to its new, long-runner scroll intake manifold which draws in more air and converts it into additional torque, the 4.5L delivers a ground-breaking power-to-weight ratio and gives you V-8 power in a V-6 package.
Smooth & Quiet
The 4.5L’s newly designed rear-facing throttle body, anti-whistle throttle plate, engine cover and mounts, lightweight flywheel, fuel-supply module, and structural oil pan all work together to deliver a superior idle, smoothness and low vibration. Resulting in an exceptional driving experience.
- There are no features available
|HP / kW || |
|Maximum RPM (WOT) || |
|Engine type || |
- V6, 2-valve/cylinder pushrod
|Displacement (L) || |
|Bore and stroke || |
|Fuel requirement || |
- 90 RON 10% Ethanol Maximum
- Unleaded Regular 87 Octane Minimum (R+M/2)
|Fuel delivery system || |
- Computer controlled Multi-Port Electronic Fuel Injection (MPI)
|Air induction || |
- Performance-Tuned Scroll Intake Manifold
|Ignition || |
- SmartCraft PCM 112 Digital Inductive
|Alternator amp / Watt || |
- 70 amp / 882 watt (Belt-Driven)
|Water drain system || |
- Air Actuated "Season Extender" (Bravo)
- Easy Drain "Season Extender" (Alpha)
|Exhaust system || |
|Cooling system || |
- Water cooled with thermostat; FWC available as factory option (Alpha) and packaged with SeaCore Drive (Bravo)
|Lubrication system || |
|Recommended oil || |
- NMMA Certified FCW 25W-40 Synthetic Blend
|Dimensions (L x W x H) || |
- 28 x 30 x 22" / 696 x 740 x 559 mm
|Weight (engine only) || |
|Compatible drives || |
- Bravo One
- Bravo Three
- Bravo Two